Grow gourmet mushrooms in your own home with this kit. Developed in respect with nature, our kits and growing procedures mimic the conditions of wild mushroom habitat, and are free of fertilizers and pesticides. Oyster mushrooms are one of the best varieties for beginning growers.
Follow link for instructional video:
1. Cut open bag just below seam seal, roll filter patch inward pushing our all air keeping bag nice and tight against block and tape in place.
2. Cut a 4" X-shape on any side of the block (Oysters can top and side fruit). If your block is already trying to pin, you may expose that fruiting body. Cause as little damage as possible.
3. Place in a well lit area, but not in direct sunlight. 55-70 degrees Fahrenheit is the ideal temperature range.
4. Using non-chlorinated water, lightly mist (standing water can cause mold and/or rot) the entire block and fruiting body 2-3 times a day and cover with the included plastic bag (tent). Cut a few holes in the tent for ventilation.
5. Growth (pinning) can start 7-14 days after fresh air exposure and may occur anywhere on the block. Do not be tempted to cut more openings in the block, as it will cause the block to dehydrate.
6. Harvest when the mushrooms start to flatten out. Gently twist off of the block at the base of the growth to remove the entire fruiting body.
7. Repeat the process, adding a 10-12 dormant period. You may get up to 3 harvests (flushes) from the block. Once the block has extinguished the nutrients, you can break it up and spread it in your garden as a nutritional compost.